Re: [htdig] Necessary files (was local filesystem...)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Necessary files (was local filesystem...)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 12:57:24 PDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Tim Perdue wrote:

> Can you tell me which files I need to keep around for future digs? There
> are 4 htdig files generated, but as I recall you only need 2 of them for
> subsequent digs.

I'm going to guess you mean in 3.1.x, so those 4 files would be:
db.docdb, db.docs.index, db.wordlist and db.words.db

Everything except db.wordlist is needed for searching, but only db.docdb
and db.wordlist (or the .work versions) are needed for indexing. So I only
keep db.wordlist.work and a copy of db.docdb.work around in the active
set.