Re: [htdig] Error Message

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error Message
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 08:45:28 PDT

It seems that:

* you didn't upload it to the right directory, or
* you didn't upload it with the right file name, or
* htsearch cannot read the config file (permission problems), or
* htsearch cannot access the directory containing the config file
  (also a permission problem)

Uploading should be in a ASCII format, especially if you edit it
on a Winblows box.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Shaq wrote:

> Dear HtDig,
>
> Love the search engine, however, when I try to specify my own config file, I
> get the following error:
>
> ht://Dig error
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster
> of this site. The error message is:
> Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'
>
> I've tried uploading my config files as both ASCII and as binary, but both
> bomb in same manner. Do you have any other suggestions?
>
> - Shaq

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engeneering Netherlands
Electrical Engeneering +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes