Re: [htdig] Can you help me?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can you help me?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 20:28:26 PDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, zheng baojian wrote:

> I am s student in Beijing,China.I want to build a local netword
> search by htdig, but htdig not support chinese,how to solve this
> problem,can you tell me the answer.

At the moment, there is no solution to the problem. As you're probably
well aware, there aren't any really solid search packages for Chinese,
though frequent questions to this list indicate that there's great demand.

Since coding for ht://Dig is all done by volunteers currently, unless
someone offers to take on a certain problem, it won't be done quickly. So
far no one has volunteered to work on support for Chinese and it will need
to take several steps before it can be done.

But I imagine it will be done at some point. Never is a long time.