Re: [htdig] db sizes

Subject: Re: [htdig] db sizes
From: Stan Schwarz (stan@iron.gps.caltech.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 14:32:39 PDT

> Yes, that would be a bug in the rundig script--I forgot to update it for
> the weakcmpr file. Hopefully that file will go away in 3.2.0b3.

Is there a patch for the script? [I'm not afraid to hack
it by hand.] Or is this something that I just shouldn't
worry about?

> > Aside from that, it works fine. I really like it a lot.
>
> Good to hear. Any performance observations?

It seems to perform well. I'd like it if it could index
faster, but I don't have a lot to compare it with. It takes
about 28 minutes to do my biggest site, which has about 900M
of stuff. Searches are fast.

I looked at several search engines before picking htdig. I
tried swish-e, udmsearch, and webglimpse.

And on an unrelated note, when I signed up for the htdig
mailing list, I liked the subscription mechanism so much
I converted our mailing list server to qmail/ezmlm. Now
it runs much faster than it did with majordomo.