Re: [htdig] Dublin Core Metadata

Subject: Re: [htdig] Dublin Core Metadata
From: Greg Lepore (gregl@mdarchives.state.md.us)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 12:01:13 PDT

Metadata for searching a date example:
each document would have a metadata field for begin date and end date
the search would allow you to search for a date value greater than the
begin date and less than the end data
that way, for historical records, we could code the date of the document
into the metadata and search for very specific time periods. It would also
allow us to sort the results based upon the chronological date of the
actual record.
I realize this is a very specific example and it may not be very high on
the list. Just wishin' really....

Gregory Lepore
Maryland Electronic Capital Webmaster
410-260-6425