Re: [htdig] syntax error template var customizable?

Subject: Re: [htdig] syntax error template var customizable?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 10:24:10 PDT

According to Marcel Hicking:
> Can I customize the out of the syntax error template
> variable $(SYNTAXERROR) anywhere? I would like to have
> a german description of the error.

Unfortunately, this is one of the only remaining bits of htsearch that
has not been internationalized. We'd really like some suggestions
on how to tackle this, hopefully without it becoming a mammoth job.
A big part of the problem is that different languages will have different
requirements for word order, so it may not be a simple matter of replacing
built-in strings with config attributes, although that would be a useful
first step.

For now, though, your only option is to edit htsearch/parser.cc to change
the error messages to your language.