[htdig] htsearch and htdig

Subject: [htdig] htsearch and htdig
From: Nimesh Patel (nimesh@tvnewsweb.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 07:05:29 PDT

I am not a great expert on your search engine but I basically want to
restrict my search to certain directories. (Usually the directories I am
in.)

At the moment I have this in my HTML to do the search:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">
<input name="words" size="15" type="text"><br>
<input type="hidden" name="config" value="htdig">
<input type="hidden" name="restrict" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="exclude" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="matchesperpage" value="10">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Search">
</form>

And it works fine returning results for all the directories on the site but
I want to restrict it to the current directory.

So I tried filling in the restrict field to:

<input type="hidden" name="restrict" value="XXX">

But when I do this with XXX as the name of the current directory e.g. dir
which may be at http://a.b.c/dir/ it comes up with no matches found when
there should be at least 1 match in the current directory.

Can you please help me or tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks A Lot

Nimesh Patel