[htdig] is there a problem with the documentation?

Subject: [htdig] is there a problem with the documentation?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 08:28:07 PDT

Hi, folks. Geoff and I have noticed recently that there are a LOT of
questions being asked on this list that are readily answered in the FAQ
and/or in the Attributes documentation, both available on the web site.
We'd really like to cut down on this traffic, but we need your help.

If you've been RTFM'ed recently - now be honest because we know there are
a lot of you out there who have - what can we do to make it easier to
find answers on the web site rather than using the mailing list as a
first recourse?

Did you know there was an FAQ? What can we do to make it more prominent?

Did you check the FAQ to look for answers, but gave up? What can we do to
make it easier to find answers? We try to keep the questions general
enough to fit a wide variety of related problems, but sometimes I think
users look for a very specific question and miss questions that are very
close to the same thing. I realise this is difficult, because the wide
variety of servers and clients out there can give very different error
messages for the same problem. Any suggestions for improvement here?

Did you know about the configuration attributes documentation on-line?
Did you look but couldn't find it? Did you find it but gave up because
there are too many attributes? We will be breaking this section up
into categories, to make it easier to find attributes, but do you have
other suggestions?