[htdig] Re: Question About Htdig

Subject: [htdig] Re: Question About Htdig
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 07:56:49 PDT

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Larry Linville wrote:

> We're looking at recommending your site-search product to one of our
> clients, but first we wanted to verify platform support. Should we
> expect any problems running Ultraseek on a unix (SGI Origin 200) with
> customized Apache Web Server software? Not seeing this platform listed

We're not Ultraseek.

> as one of your "supported platforms" does this mean that htdig is not
> / may not be compatible with the platform, or that it just has not
> been tested under this platform?

It means that it has not received the same amount of testing as on other
listed platforms. We have had many reports of people using ht://Dig
successfully on SGI machines, though some people have had problems with
SGI's compiler. In most cases they were successful using gcc instead.

Cheers,