Re: [htdig] $(URL) - closest anchor

Subject: Re: [htdig] $(URL) - closest anchor
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 07:24:20 PDT

According to ___cliff rayman___:
> i would modified long.html so it contains $(URL)$(ANCHOR). According to
> the documentation this should now reference the closest previous anchor
> to the target match.
>
> the anchor always appears blank. the one in the EXCERPT is working
> correctly so i assume everything is getting indexed and merged properly.
>
> htdig-3.1.5

I was not able to reproduce the problem here. However, I discovered
another problem. The ANCHOR variable, once set for an entry in the
results, does not get cleared again for subsequent entries unless
they either contain a new anchor value or they have no excerpt at all.
Clearly, there's some work that needs to be done there.

Are you sure you enabled your external result template, long.html, by
defining template_map in your htdig.conf? If you didn't, the default
action is to use the builtin-long template.