Re: [htdig] RE: [3.2.0b2] AND operator not working as it should?

Subject: Re: [htdig] RE: [3.2.0b2] AND operator not working as it should?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 12:27:30 PDT

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Arthur Prokosch wrote:

> the wordlist. It appears that when one of the AND'ed words is _not_ present
> in the wordlist, that word is simply ignored (order doesn't matter).
>
> It occurs to me that this could be by design - if so, I guess I'd like to
> request that it be a user-configurable option, or at least that the
> LogicalWords displayed reflect the removal of the unknown word.

If a word is in the bad_word_list file, it is ignored completely. This is
already user-configurable (since you can edit the file or empty it
completely). Similarly, if the word is shorter than the
minimum_word_length attribute it is also ignored completely. Both
behaviors are mentioned in the documentation.

Yes, you're right, the $LOGICAL_WORDS variable should reflect this.