[htdig] Indexing intranet and internet site.

Subject: [htdig] Indexing intranet and internet site.
From: Joe McFadden (joe@icr.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 10:44:18 PDT

Hi,

what's the best (most secure) way of indexing an intranet and internet site
(which are currently being hosted from the same physical box, though this will
change in the future) from a single installation of htdig?

I'm assuming I need two separate config files, pointing to two different search
databases.

htdig_intra.conf

database_dir: /var/lib/htdig/db/
database_base: ${database_dir}/intra

htdig_inter.conf

database_dir: /var/lib/htdig/db/
database_base: ${database_dir}/inter

However, I can't see how I can prevent someone who guesses the name of the
intranet config file from being able to perform searches on the intranet. Do I
need two copies of the htsearch binary, with the access control handled by
apache?

Environment: htdig 3.1.5 on Red Hat Linux 6.1

Thanks

--
Joe McFadden                  |   Email:  joe@icr.ac.uk
Web Development Manager       |     Web:  http://www.icr.ac.uk/