Re: [htdig] directory index returned in search (and other questions)

Subject: Re: [htdig] directory index returned in search (and other questions)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 09:40:36 PDT

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> into the head section of the pages it generates for indexes, that would
> be the solution.

> Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any way to do so.

That's not quite true. If you're using Apache, you can use HeaderName and
IndexOptions (in particular SupressHTMLPreamble) to insert anything you
want into the headers:
<http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html#headername>
<http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexoptions>

You'd still need to make some sort of header file with the appropriate
headers.