Re: [htdig] Variable urls?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Variable urls?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 08:48:31 PDT

According to Eric Persson:
> Hi !
>
> I've just installed the htdig search/indexing engine to try it out, but since
> we do all of our sites using question marks in the url, it doesnt seem to index
> the urls with questionmarks.
> I thought it might be like altavista that it ignores urls with questionmarks,
> but it doesnt seem to index them recursive.
>
> Can this be done?

You didn't say which version you were running. There was a bug back in
3.1.0b2, I think, that prevented it from indexing pages with parameters.

However, in current versions, there's nothing by default that prevents
it from doing so. It does exclude pages containing /cgi-bin/ or .cgi
in the URL, but not just a single "?", unless you configured it to do
so. See the exclude_urls setting in your htdig.conf, and have a look
at http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#exclude_urls