Re: [htdig] setup issue?

Subject: Re: [htdig] setup issue?
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 08:21:46 PDT

According to Dan Amarel:
> Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> >
> > At 6:58 PM -0400 8/1/00, Dan Amarel wrote:
> > >On most searches (via the form input on the sample search
> > >page) I get a "The document contained no data" netscape
> > >error.
> >
> > I'd make sure you can properly call CGIs. If you just bring up the
> > URL to htsearch itself, does that work?
> How would that go, then, '$ .../htsearch [some keywords]'?

No, you're on two different wavelengths here. Dan, you're talking about
running htsearch from the command line, which is a good idea too, but you
have the syntax wrong. You either run it without arguments, and it'll
prompt you, or in the latest version you can give a query string, e.g.
"words=some+test+words&method=and" , as an argument to htsearch.

What Geoff was suggesting is giving your web browser the URL to run the
htsearch directly, rather than going through the search form, to test it
out as a CGI. E.g.:

This can help rule out whether the problem is in the search form or

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: