Re: [htdig] setup issue?

Subject: Re: [htdig] setup issue?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 08:08:27 PDT

According to Dan Amarel:
> Just setting up ht://dig for the first time- 3.1.3 on
> Redhat6.1/Apache-Tomcat, using the sample htdig.config- and
> I'm experiencing the following odd behavior, which I can't
> seem to find covered in the archives or FAQ:
>
> On most searches (via the form input on the sample search
> page) I get a "The document contained no data" netscape
> error.
>
> What gives? Much appreciate any advice or leads!

Hmm. If you're setting it up for the first time, why did you pick an
old version? There have been lots of bug fixes since 3.1.3 (some quite
serious), so you really should install 3.1.5. See the release notes
at http://www.htdig.org/RELEASE.html

You can run htsearch from the command line to test it out, before trying
it as a CGI. When you do the latter, make sure you install htsearch in
a ScriptAlias'ed directory, as set in your Apache configuration.