Re: [htdig] Re-indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re-indexing
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 17:13:05 PDT

At 5:06 AM -0400 7/31/00, justin wrote:
>On looking at the output I find:
>399:0:0:http://server/mail/: retrieved but not changed
>
>then about 20 lines of mail/?D=A with S and N and M etc all saying not
>changed.
>But I know this has been changed, Whats up?

Ah. Interesting bug. The problem is that Apache isn't sending Date:
headers along with these dynamic listings. Since in 3.1.x, the
modification_time_is_now attribute is turned off by default (it was a
poor implementation for a long time), everything gets a date of 0.

So every time it sees the index again, it still gets 0 and ignores it.

Try turning on modification_time_is_now:
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#modification_time_is_now>