Re: [htdig] Re-indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re-indexing
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 13:54:45 PDT

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, justin wrote:

> The main difference that I can see is that rundig.sh uses -a by default.
> This works good on updating the database without re-reading the whole
> archive, but it does not find any new files that were created. Without
> the -a option ht://dig finds all

If you are updating a pre-existing database, it will go through all of the
URLs it has in the database and check if they have been changed. If they
are changed, they will be indexed and any new links will be followed.

If you have created new pages but haven't linked them from anywhere, it
wouldn't find them anyway. If you added links to the new pages, then the
changed files will be re-indexed and it will follow the links (and index
the new files).

Do you have links to these new files?