Re: [htdig] Problems with htdig result pages

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems with htdig result pages
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:57:25 PDT

According to David Robley:
> On 29 Jul, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> > At 10:22 AM -0500 7/29/00, David Gibbs wrote:
> >>Maybe we could get the list owner to set the REPLY-TO in the list
> >>management software so that replies are automatically sent back to
> >>the list?
> >
> > I think I'd want to see some sort of list consensus on this.
> > Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
> <Rant> Why can't people use the Reply to all function (or however
> called) of their mailer?</Rant>
> On a more serious note, I think that you should consider the advice at
> before making this
> change. My vote would be No.

I agree with Chip's article too. My vote is also no.

In fact, if I recall correctly, in earlier htdig mailing list days,
either there was a Reply-To header or the original sender's address was
somehow concealed, making it a pain to reply directly to the sender,
especially annoying when the sender asks for a direct reply.

Things would go smoother on the list if users understood the value of
the list archive, and understood how to reply to all users using their
mail client.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: