Re: [htdig] url_part_aliases

Subject: Re: [htdig] url_part_aliases
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:49:52 PDT

According to Leigh Makewell:
> For example we have a page that contains information about dogs
> (/pages/dogs.html). When viewed normaly we get a frameset that contains
> a contents page. That contents page has a 'next' button that will take
> us to a page containing information about cats (dogsFrame.html). So we
> want to create the database using '/pages/dogs.html' but when we do a
> search for dogs we do not want the search engine to return
> '/pages/dogs.html' but 'dogsFrame.html'
>
> Can this be done using htdig? If so how? It seems that url_part_aliases
> does this but I can't get it work. Any help would be appreciated.

You could use url_part_aliases to do this, but only if every <name>.html
file has a corresponding <name>Frame.html. If there are some that don't,
you'll end up with bad URLs in the search results. The key is to have
separate url_part_aliases settings, and therefore separate config files,
for digging and searching, so that
URLs will end up getting rewritten. E.g., for htdig/htmerge:

  url_part_aliases: .html *1

and for htsearch:

  url_part_aliases: Frame.html *1

As the documentation says, you'll need to rebuild your database after
changing the url_part_aliases for htdig.

See http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#url_part_aliases