Re: [htdig] Indexing MANY directories

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing MANY directories
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 08:20:55 PDT

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Roger Weiss wrote:

> Under the main url, there are 20+ (category) directories, and under each
> of these directories are the user directories (many thousands).
> Within the user directories are the html files I want to index.

The first thing to remember is that htdig follows hyperlinks. As you've
described it, there are a bunch of disconnected websites. Do you have
directory listings from the main url to the categories and then from the
categories to the user directories?

If you have a webserver (e.g. Apache) that automatically generates a
directory listing for the directories, this would work.