Re: [htdig] help!!!

Subject: Re: [htdig] help!!!
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 06:21:51 PDT

At 11:11 PM -0400 7/30/00, intmktg wrote:
>search is the user name of the user i created...
>/home/search is the home dir for this user in the RH6.2
>machine....(previously i had a running installation on my FreeBSD machine)
>
>the file is in the exact dir as stated, so this is a possible permission
>problem? i have tried all possible permission combinations for the
>htdig.conf file and it still doesn't work...

You said that you're having problems with *htsearch* giving you these
errors. I'm making the assumption that you're getting the errors when
running htsearch as a CGI, right?

If so, check the permissions on the /home, /home/search (etc.) directories.

My guess is that the user for the webserver does not have permissions
to access the directories. So it can't read the htdig.conf file
because it can't get to it (not because the file has the wrong
permissions).