[htdig] url_part_aliases

Subject: [htdig] url_part_aliases
From: Leigh Makewell (leigh@cyberone.com.au)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 23:41:08 PDT

I am attempting to use htdig for a searching problem that I have with a
site I am working on.

We have a lot of documents that we want to be able to search. The
problem is when we do a search on those pages we do not want the search
to return the url of that page but of a frameset page that also contains
a next page link and other information.

For example we have a page that contains information about dogs
(/pages/dogs.html). When viewed normaly we get a frameset that contains
a contents page. That contents page has a 'next' button that will take
us to a page containing information about cats (dogsFrame.html). So we
want to create the database using '/pages/dogs.html' but when we do a
search for dogs we do not want the search engine to return
'/pages/dogs.html' but 'dogsFrame.html'

Can this be done using htdig? If so how? It seems that url_part_aliases
does this but I can't get it work. Any help would be appreciated.

        Leigh