Re: [htdig] multiple restricts

Subject: Re: [htdig] multiple restricts
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 13:40:26 PDT

According to peter karlsson:
> alan:
> > in my search form can i make a multiple choice <select> option for the
> > user for the restricts?? does htsearch support this (below)??:
>
> Yes you can. Just include it as written in the search form, and then
> add the restrictions to your configuration file. I have this for my
> searching:
>
> build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST restrict restrict_names 2 1 2 restrict "Keep current"
> # v----------------------------------------------^
> restrict_names: "www.softwolves.pp.se" "All of www.softwolves.pp.se" \
> "www.softwolves.pp.se/idoc" "iDOC=" \
> "www.softwolves.pp.se/wrestling" "American Wrestling Trivia" \
> "www.softwolves.pp.se/wolves" "Softwolves Software" \
> "www.softwolevs.pp.se/cbm" "Commodore stuff" \
> "www.starship.pp.se" "www.starship.pp.se" \
> "www.blueharvest.net" "www.blueharvest.net" \
> "" "All"
>
> Read the documentation for build_select_lists and experiment with it a
> bit.

Good suggestion, but I think Alan wanted to use a <select multiple> list,
not a single <select> list. I'm pretty sure the <select multiple> would
work from the original search form (try it and see, Alan - what can it
hurt?), but right now there's no way of propagating multiple selections
for an input parameter to the follow-up search forms.

When I have some time to kill (maybe around October or so :-P) I'd like
to extend the build_select_lists attribute to support single and multiple
select lists, as well as radio buttons and checkboxes. E.g.:

build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST,select restrict restrict_names 2 1 2 restrict "Keep current"

build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST,multiple restrict restrict_names 2 1 2 restrict "Keep current"

build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST,radio restrict restrict_names 2 1 2 restrict "Keep current"

 or

build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST,checkbox restrict restrict_names 2 1 2 restrict "Keep current"

with the default being "select" if the ",type" part is omitted.