Re: [htdig] First file found: Invalid?

Subject: Re: [htdig] First file found: Invalid?
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 10:28:35 PDT

According to David Gibbs:
> > Nothing jumps out at me as being a potential problem. What OS version
> > are you running (if Linux, which distribution)? Did you build htdig from
> > source, or install from an RPM or pre-compiled binary? If the latter,
> > which one?
> Linux ... Redhat 6.2 is the distro ... installed from
> htdig-3.1.5-0glibc21.i386.rpm.

That RPM was built on 6.0, which really should be compatible with 6.2,
as far as glibc support is concerned. However, just to rule that out
as a problem, could you pick up the source RPM and rebuild it?

        rpm --rebuild htdig-3.1.5-0glibc21.src.rpm

Then install the new RPM. You may need to use --force.

Let me know if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't, then the only
other suggestion I can make is to try to reduce the problem to a smaller
subset of the site that still gives false matches, and then go over
htdig -ivvvv and htmerge -vvvv listings carefully to see where the
problem words creep in. Also have a look at db.wordlist before and
after running htmerge, to see what's happening with records that have
the problem words.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: