[htdig] help!!!

Subject: [htdig] help!!!
From: intmktg (intmktg@laguz.pair.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 02:46:06 PDT

Hi all

i've got a desperate problem here....
i needed to set up htdig urgently, and i'm running into a wierd problem.
Previously when i installed it on my FreeBSD machine, everything works
fine. However, when i tried to install it on a RedHat 6.2 Linux machine
(with SMP support compiled) i keep getting the following error:

Unable to read configuration file '/home/search/web/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

i am able to index and merge without any problems; however the sample
search form keeps giving me this same error mesage - even if i accept the
default installation defaults. this is most perplexing.

anyone encountered this problem before and can offer me a solution?

thanks in advance!