Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

Subject: Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 11:21:29 PDT

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> I've never seen this message as being connected to the removal of a
> document before, but I guess when you completely empty out the database,
> that would do it. I don't know what, if anything, can be done by htmerge
> to prevent this.

There needs to be a test in htmerge to exit gracefully if there are no
documents in the database. An error message of some sort is probably
warranted. Perhaps all of the utilities should do this test and give an
error message. It would certainly stop the following.

(In 3.2, htmerge no longer works the same way, but I think there still
needs to be better error checking. I believe I put this in the

> Now this is a problem. I guess it's not critical if it only happens
> when the word database is completely empty, but htfuzzy should be
> robust enough to handle this without crashing.

I'm surprised at this. I think I missed which part of htfuzzy was being
used. What was the exact call to htfuzzy?