Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

Subject: Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 09:25:57 PDT

According to Chad Phillips:
> Hello all,
> I was getting this error
> DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
>
> I messed around with my config and found that it only occurs when htdig rejects the link in certain way. Not a big deal if Htdig can't read the site, it is just that the error it gave me was a little cryptic.
>
> Is this the expected error.
> pick: www.medmatrix.org, # servers = 1
> 0:0:0:http://www.medmatrix.org/: Retrieval command for http://www.medmatrix.org/: GET / HTTP/1.0
> Host: www.medmatrix.org
>
> Header line: HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved
> Header line: Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> Header line: Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:35:38 GMT
> Header line: Location: /reg/login.asp

This Location header is invalid! The HTTP specification says only
absolute URIs are allowed here. That's the cause of the redirect being
rejected.

> Header line: Content-Type: text/html
> Header line: Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDQQQGQQCA=BMGCELCCNFNHNNAGFAGMBNHK; path=/
> Header line: Cache-control: private
> Header line:
> returnStatus = 3
> redirect
> redirect:
>
> Rejected: Not an http or relative link!pick: www.medmatrix.org, # servers = 1
> htmerge: Sorting...
> htmerge: Removing doc #0
> DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

I've never seen this message as being connected to the removal of a
document before, but I guess when you completely empty out the database,
that would do it. I don't know what, if anything, can be done by htmerge
to prevent this.

> Deleted, no excerpt: 0/http://www.medmatrix.org/
>
> htfuzzy: total words: 0
> htfuzzy: Writing index files...
> Segmentation Fault - core dumped

Now this is a problem. I guess it's not critical if it only happens
when the word database is completely empty, but htfuzzy should be
robust enough to handle this without crashing.