Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

Subject: Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 09:25:57 PDT

According to Chad Phillips:
> Hello all,
> I was getting this error
> DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
> I messed around with my config and found that it only occurs when htdig rejects the link in certain way. Not a big deal if Htdig can't read the site, it is just that the error it gave me was a little cryptic.
> Is this the expected error.
> pick:, # servers = 1
> 0:0:0: Retrieval command for GET / HTTP/1.0
> Host:
> Header line: HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved
> Header line: Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> Header line: Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:35:38 GMT
> Header line: Location: /reg/login.asp

This Location header is invalid! The HTTP specification says only
absolute URIs are allowed here. That's the cause of the redirect being

> Header line: Content-Type: text/html
> Header line: Cache-control: private
> Header line:
> returnStatus = 3
> redirect
> redirect:
> Rejected: Not an http or relative link!pick:, # servers = 1
> htmerge: Sorting...
> htmerge: Removing doc #0
> DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

I've never seen this message as being connected to the removal of a
document before, but I guess when you completely empty out the database,
that would do it. I don't know what, if anything, can be done by htmerge
to prevent this.

> Deleted, no excerpt: 0/
> htfuzzy: total words: 0
> htfuzzy: Writing index files...
> Segmentation Fault - core dumped

Now this is a problem. I guess it's not critical if it only happens
when the word database is completely empty, but htfuzzy should be
robust enough to handle this without crashing.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: