[htdig] "Deleted, noexcerpt"

Subject: [htdig] "Deleted, noexcerpt"
From: D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 01:54:36 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>
> > According to D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk:
> > > Now I have to investigate why certain pages are flagged as
> > > "Deleted, noexcerpt"!
> >
> > Main causes:
> > - disallowed in robots.txt
> > - indexing turned off by meta robots or noindex tags
> > - no indexable text in documents
> > - server_max_docs exceeded
>
> Also when merging:
> - duplicates between the two databases (oldest is removed)

Ah! That last might explain a lot of them. Any chance of more helpful
messages in a future version, eg: "Deleted, duplicate:" ?

If "indexing turned off by meta robots or noindex tags" results in
"Deleted, noexcerpt", what condition gives the message "Deleted, noindex:" ?

--

David J Adams
<D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk>