[htdig] First file found: Invalid?

Subject: [htdig] First file found: Invalid?
From: David Gibbs (david@midrange.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 20:21:35 PDT

Greetings!

I've run into a problem with htdig 3.1.5 that I can't explain.

I am indexing a large mailing list archive with a lot of keywords,
acronyms, and technical terms (I'm not sure this makes a difference).

When I do a search, almost always first file it returns is completely
irrelevant... it has nothing to do with the search terms. The 2nd file,
however, is appropriate for the search.

I thought it might have to do with the search algorithms in the config file
(search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1), so I remove the
line entirely. It still returns bad results.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks!

david