[htdig] Problem finding all files with htDig-3.1.5

Subject: [htdig] Problem finding all files with htDig-3.1.5
From: William Sandman III (wsandman@tool.net)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 13:33:11 PDT

Greetings,

        I have run into a problem indexing all the required pages using
htDig-3.1.5. I noted the suggestion to increase the max_doc_size to
200KB and then to 2MB. This didn't work. My experience has been that if a page
wasn't being found, it typically was that the page was not actually linked into
the site. In this case the pages not being found can be found by following
links in the site.

        I realize this is a sticky issue, and was wondering what
troubleshooting tools and methods are available to fix this problem. I there
any wat to verify a page is found durring the dig? How can on verify the
location and storage of a paticular page? I'm lost on how to troubleshoot
why a page would not be located in a search if it is actually linked
into the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Wm. J. Sandman III                      Need Win95 or BETTER?
Systems Programmer                      MacOs crashed your new G3?