[htdig] Newlines in $(EXCERPT) result from htsearch?

Subject: [htdig] Newlines in $(EXCERPT) result from htsearch?
From: Hunter Morris (hunter.morris@alliancesystems.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 09:30:11 PDT

I'm using PHP4 to parse the results of htsearch, and everything works to
near perfection. However, some excerpts that I've gathered thusfar have
newlines in them which throws my PHP wrapper off.

For example, a search may result in:

Some page
http://www.somedomain.com/something.htm
50

rather than:

Some page
http://www.somedomain.com/something.htm
50

Is there any configuration option that I need to pass to htsearch, or should
I parse through the source and see if there's something there?

Thanks,
Hunter Morris

Alliance Systems, Inc.
http://www.alliancesystems.com