Re: [htdig] Problems with htdig result pages

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems with htdig result pages
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 06:14:55 PDT

At 11:45 PM -0400 7/25/00, Randy Glenn wrote:
>Hi. I'm trying to get my server set up with ht://dig. but I'm having
>problems. Specifically, the result pages all link to localhost as the
>server, when they should really be pointing to

For me, at least, the easiest way to do this would be to use the
url_part_aliases attribute:

Put this into your config for digging:
url_part_aliases: http://localhost/ *server

Then make up a new config for your results that includes this:
url_part_aliases: *server

(or whatever hostname you want). Then rebuild your database to have
the URLs change--they'll stay localhost for indexing and the hostname
you want for results afterwards.