Re: [htdig] WordKey::Compare: key length for a or b < info.minimum_length

Subject: Re: [htdig] WordKey::Compare: key length for a or b < info.minimum_length
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 19:53:55 PDT

At 12:08 PM -0500 7/25/00, Adam H. Lewenberg wrote:
>Thank you for your response. I am not sure how to tell you which
>page. I dare not save stderr to a file because I get about
>a billion of these:
>
> WordKey::Compare: key length for a or b < info.minimum_length
>
>At the end, I get the following:
>
>ordDB: /opt/www/var/htdig/db.words.db: page 0: reference count overflow
>FATAL ERROR:WordDBPage::~WordDBPage: page not empty
>FATAL ERROR at file:WordDBPage.h line:487 !!!
>
>Can you suggest anything else I can do to gather better diagnostic
>information?

Well, you said you were running version 3.2.0b2. So my first
suggestion would be to try one of the snapshots to see if the problem
goes away. My next suggestion would be to run the "configure" command
when compiling with the additional flag --enable-tests and then run
"make check" after you build. Does this produce any errors?

Thanks,