Re: [htdig] Job scheduling (cron doesn't seem to be enough)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Job scheduling (cron doesn't seem to be enough)
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 14:17:49 PDT

According to Hunter Morris:
> I only have one question then: Does htdig behave normally if it's just
> stopped (with signal 19) and then resumed (signal 18)?

I don't know. I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work,
as long as SIGSTOP and SIGCONT are properly implemented on your system.
Give it a try.

However, if you plan to stop the digging process for the whole day,
it may be safer to use the -l option to htdig, and actually kill the
dig and get the checkpointing information saved to a file. That way,
if your system goes down at some point during the day, you haven't lost
the previous night's work.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: