Re: [htdig] search results

Subject: Re: [htdig] search results
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 13:31:02 PDT

According to alan:
> i noticed this in the config:
> # You could also index all the URLs in a file like so:
> # start_url: `${common_dir}/start.url`
> what exactly does this mean? does this mean it indexes everything
> between the <a ...>...</a> tags? and how does it store this in the
> database (does it just treat the URL as "a file" to be indexed)?

I think the comment above would be more clear if it was something like this:

# You could also index all the documents whose URLs are in a file like so:

This just causes htdig to load the start_url attribute from a file. It has
nothing to do with putting URLs within documents into the word index.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: