Re: [htdig] Job scheduling (cron doesn't seem to be enough)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Job scheduling (cron doesn't seem to be enough)
From: Jeff Mandel (jeff.mandel@probes.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 10:16:36 PDT

You could try to nice it to a really low priority. It would still be running,
but the system would schedule it as it has time, so it shouldn't interfere with
your other running processes.

You would then have to make a script to check for that process and nice it -
cron can do that for you at 6am. Then you would have to customize your htdig
runner check to see if htdig is already running before it ran again.

There might be another way to suspend it, and then bring it back to life with
the right signals. I'll defer to the list on that.

Jeff