[htdig] pdf indexing question

Subject: [htdig] pdf indexing question
From: Matthew R. MacIntyre (matthew.macintyre@newlix.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 08:42:03 PDT

Hello all,

I'm having a problem indexing pdf files. The htdig phase seems to work
fine, no errors are produced, but when the htmerge phase is run, this error
always shows up:

Deleted, no excerpt: 17/http://svr-newlix/products/technical/faq.pdf

I'm not really sure how to go about fixing this problem. Here's what I have
in my configuration file:

external_parsers: application/msword->text/html
/usr/local/htdig/bin/conv_doc.pl \
               application/postscript->text/html
/usr/local/htdig/bin/conv_doc.pl \
               application/pdf->text/html /usr/local/htdig/bin/conv_doc.pl

I was trying to use the parse_doc.pl script instead of the conv_doc.pl
script for a little while, but I kept getting many errors about acroread not
showing up, and how the pdf files could not be repaired.

Any help with how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-matt