Re: [htdig] SSL and curl (was Problem with CGI)

Subject: Re: [htdig] SSL and curl (was Problem with CGI)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 12:45:25 PDT

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> Out of curiosity, how did "curl" deal with the patent and export
> restrictions on RSA? Do they have a non-GPL, non-export release
> with https support, and one without?

Curl has the advantage that it's developed outside the US. I don't know
about the legality of the US mirror. In my case, I built from source and
linked against the RSA-licensed SSL library I had from a secure (non-free)
webserver.

I don't want to look too far in the future, but as of early September, it
no longer matters since the patent expires.