Re: [htdig] Htmerge: "Deleted, invalid"

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htmerge: "Deleted, invalid"
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 10:39:19 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:

> At 10:34 AM -0500 7/19/00, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > > I use the standard MIPSpro compiler. The script I use (thanks to my former
> > > collegeaue James Hammick) to setup the Makefile is:
>
> I have used SGI's compiler on quite a lot of code

Have you been able to build ht://Dig using SGI's compiler? I may be
wrong, but I recall seeing several error reports from SGI users, and
the response was usually to use the GNU compiler. I'm not saying SGI's
compiler is bad or buggy, just that I haven't heard of a successful
build of ht://Dig with it. In all likelyhood, it would be a problem in
the ht://Dig code that just doesn't manifest itself when built with the
GNU compiler.