Re: [htdig] Limit to number of files

Subject: Re: [htdig] Limit to number of files
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:14:32 PDT

At 10:03 AM -0400 7/12/00, Robert Morse wrote:
>Thanks for the reply. When I try running htdig -vvv it will
>dump core before printing anything out. I think the problem
>is with machine resources. It seems to be running out of memory
>with more than 2500 or so. I will try to stop some processes
>to get more memory then try running it with all 3500 or so
>files. Thanks.

Perhaps this needs to be a FAQ... One problem with this approach is
that it will need to grab a fair chunk of memory right when it starts
to support the whole URL list. Normally the URL list is grows slowly
since it picks up a few links every time it indexes a document (and
removes one from the list).