Re: [htdig] How can I run htsearch to return EVERY document in the database?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How can I run htsearch to return EVERY document in the database?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:23:05 PDT

At 4:23 PM -0400 7/11/00, Justin Kerr wrote:
>I tried setting the prefix minimum number of characters to 1 and
>searched for t*, thinking to get hundreds of results and got
>nothing. I'm all out of ideas (and I've been working intimately
>with htdig for weeks).

I wouldn't suggest trying to hack it.

In some sense it's a really easy thing to do in the search code--you
simply have a word/character that returns all the URLs rather than
doing any sort of query on the database.

However, I'd be more comfortable implementing this when the query
parsing code is rewritten--right now it's a mess and I think it would
be a nasty hack to have "*" or something like that become a wildcard.

In the 3.2.0b2 or later releases, you can use the htdump or htstat
utilities to get a list of all the URLs.