Re: AW: [htdig] Fw: &amp in Titles

Subject: Re: AW: [htdig] Fw: & in Titles
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:09:02 PDT

At 3:51 PM -0500 7/7/00, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>In 3.2, these troublesome attributes have been removed, so the entities
>are always translated. What's really puzzling is that Roger Salisbury
>has reported the same behaviour in 3.2. I can't imagine how that could
>happen unless his database was built with an earlier development snapshot
>of 3.2, before the removal of translate_amp.

That would have to be an absolutely *ancient* version of 3.2, dating
from the first branch after 3.1.0. Almost the first thing I did in
3.2 was to start writing the new SGML encoding procedures. They
weren't turned on immediately, but still... It's also fairly easy to
determine the version by using the -? option to get help on the
command-line utils.