Re: [htdig] template solution sought

Subject: Re: [htdig] template solution sought
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:27:46 PDT

According to Malcolm Austen:
> Well, I have a solution but can't help feeling that it's not the right
> solution. I have a requirement for something less terse than Long/Short
> and And/Or/Boolean in the $(FORMAT) and $(METHOD) boxes.
>
> I can deal with $(METHOD) with:
>
> method_names: and "Search for all of the above words" \
> or "Search for any of the above words" \
> Boolean "Treat the search words as a Boolean expression"
>
> because method_names takes a quoted_string.
>
> However, template_map just takes a string so I've ended up with:
>
> template_map: \
> Just the Title of the pages found \
> builtin-short builtin-short \
> Title and Summary of the pages found \
> builtin-long builtin-long
>
> which works (but is it guaranteed to work?) but just looks like it's the
> wrong solution.
>
> Maybe I need to spend another hour reading the documentation but a pointer
> to confirm the solution really is there would be appreciated.

Looks like the right approach to me. It was an unfortunate oversight
in the TemplateList class to treat template_map as a string list rather
than a quoted string list, so there's really no way to embed a space
in the display name field without using an SGML entity as above. You
could also use " ".

The TemplateList class should really be fixed. Until then, your approach
is a good workaround.