RE: [htdig] changing the HTML files

Subject: RE: [htdig] changing the HTML files
From: Tony Crockford (tonyc@boldfish.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:13:22 PDT

> i'm trying to customize to look of the search results... I'm trying to
> change the look of the results displayed when long is chosen ... i made
> very drastic changes in long.html but these changes do not appear in the
> search results??

It's not long.html that you need to work with.

Check your htdig.conf to see what files are specified.

If you haven't specified anything it will probably be using header.html and
footer.html the other possibility is wrapper.html.

add this to htdig.conf

search_results_wrapper: ${common_dir}/wrapper.html

(will force the use of wrapper.html so you only need to modify one file -
don't take out what you don't understand!)

These are the ones that need your loving touch to change the output!

Have fun.

Tony