Re: [htdig] Oracle?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Oracle?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 15:07:38 PDT

According to Marco Ghirardi:
> I'd like to change the htdig code in order to use a Oracle database
> instead of the normal database. The best thing is change directly htdig
> or it is better change only the htmerge program? Where should I look in
> order to find all the queries made to the database?
> Thanks a lot in advance.
> Marco

You should probably start by reading previous discussions on integrating
htdig with an SQL database, which you'll find in the mailing list archives
for both the htdig and htdig3-dev mailing lists (especially the latter).
This is no simple task, as it will affect htdig, htmerge and htsearch.
Look for all the C++ source files named Database* or DB* in htlib and/or
htcommon, as well as the calls to functions they define. I'm assuming the
main database you'd want to replace with an SQL one would be db.docdb,
which is managed primarily by the DocumentDB and DocumentRef classes
in htcommon. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to replace the word and
fuzzy databases with SQL ones.