Re: [htdig] search for word fragments

Subject: Re: [htdig] search for word fragments
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 12:20:10 PDT

Tim Leggett wrote:
> Hello again,
> is there a way to allow searches for parts of words? not the fuzzy
> prefix/suffix searches, but fragments. for example, my search of the
> site for 'Gil' returned no matches for 'Gilles'. Being a lazy
> typist, I want to be able to search for, say, 'meta' and have the search
> return docs that include 'metapath' (name of my company).

With Ht://Dig this is called "prefix matching". However, you need to
htsearch that the expression is used for prefix search. By default this
is done by typing "some*" (which then should result in something,
somewhat etc).

For more information, refer to the documentation:

E-Mail:            Internet: