[htdig] search for word fragments

Subject: [htdig] search for word fragments
From: Tim Leggett (tleggett@msi-world.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 12:05:00 PDT

Hello again,

is there a way to allow searches for parts of words? not the fuzzy
prefix/suffix searches, but fragments. for example, my search of the
htdig.org site for 'Gil' returned no matches for 'Gilles'. Being a lazy
typist, I want to be able to search for, say, 'meta' and have the search
return docs that include 'metapath' (name of my company).

tx,
tim leggett
Words, Sr.
Blinking indicates