Re: [htdig] Error 405 (Method Not Allowed)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error 405 (Method Not Allowed)
From: Brandon W. Uhlman (bwuhlman@tallships.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 11:53:06 PDT

> OK, I'd start by making sure the IIS server is set up to allow running
> CGI scripts from the directory in which you've placed the htsearch.exe.
> If other CGI scripts in the same directory give the same error, that's
> a good indication of a server configuration problem. If I recall,
> IIS expects all CGI scripts to emit full headers, as non-parsed-header
> (nph) scripts do, so you'll probably need to set the nph attribute in
> your config file to true. I don't know what else to suggest, given
> my unfamiliarity with NT. Perhaps others on the list with NT know-how
> could shed more light.

Okay, this problem is now fixed. Turns out I was calling "htsearch" instead
of htsearch.exe. Go figure. Now its telling me about Incomplete Headers.

This is the full text:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

====

Yes, that's right. It returned no headers.

Run from a command prompt, it asks me for a query string (in so many words),
and then returns the results of a successful search, with what looks like a
complete (and correct) http header. Thoughts?

Brandon