[htdig] Re: [htdig3-dev] drop down menu

Subject: [htdig] Re: [htdig3-dev] drop down menu
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 07:45:50 PDT

What you want to change is the Display::setVariables() method. If you
limit your changes to the section that generates the string that's added
to the "METHOD" variable, it shouldn't affect anything else.

If you really want to play it safe, you can leave the existing code
as-is, and just add a similar section to the code to generate a
different template variable, e.g. "RADIOBUTTON_METHOD", as a series
of radio buttons. You could then change the follow-up search forms,
in common/*.html, to use the new template variables, leaving the old
variables still available for use by anyone who prefers them. You could
also do likewise with the "FORMAT" and "SORT" variables.

A third option, which may be even more preferable, would be to find the
section of this module that deals with the build_select_lists attribute,
and make a similar section for dealing with a new build_radio_lists
attribute, to make a radio button list from any input parameter.
You could then add this attribute to your search configuration file, with
the appropriate settings for generating the radio buttons for followup
match_method selection, and use the generated template variable in your
common/*.html forms. If you pursue this option, please share your patch
to Display.cc with the list, as others may find this quite useful as well.

According to Elsa Chan: